We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
The Maintenance Digitalisation focusses on the integration of innovation and Industry 4.0 topics within the field of Assembly. This includes; Data Analytics, Smart & Predictive Maintenance, Collaborative Robotics, and IOT device integration.
We are currently looking for 2 students to join the team in Data Analytics, AI & Machine Learning and Data Analytics, Predictive Analytics & IOT. Please note that when you apply for this position you are applying to both of these roles. If you have one as a preference, please note in question 5 of the application questionnaire.
What will you be doing?
- Support the Assembly Data Strategy by supporting Data Analytic activities in particular within the field of AI and Machine Learning
- Analyse data from multiple sources and using BMW IT systems create dashboards to visualize the results
- Lead small data analytic initiatives focussing on Downtime “Hotspots” within the assembly production system
- Support the 3D visualisation activities within Assembly.
- Should be working towards a computer science based degree with a target level of 2:2 or above.
- Alternatively, a Machine Learning / AI based degree
- Very good general IT skills. (Microsoft Office)
- Experience of programing languages such as C, C#, Python, R etc would be advantageous
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced environment is advantageous
- A passion for Data Analytics is desirable.
- Time-Management, has the ability to deal with multiple topics and meet tight dead-lines.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £18,500, 26 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsided on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week, with a half-day on a Friday helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – Throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts and many fellow students and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process, could include; online testing, video interview and then a face to face, or telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK.
Any further questions? Email us on email@example.com